Have you ever heard of Pinterest? It’s a website that stores images (pins) you save (pin) from around the web and collects them into groups (boards). Each pin then has the link to where you found it if you need it as a reference for later. A few people have asked me what Pinterest is so I thought I’d share how I use the online program…
It’s been my favorite pastime when boredom hits or I need to jog to my creativity to check Pinterest to see all the latest pins. It’s where I collect inspiration for design, clothing, home decor, crafts, and even random Disney finds. My Evernotes Every Friday posts has even morphed into a Evernote/Pinterest findings blog because I pin more than I save to Evernote lately because there isn’t a monthly limit!
There are two main reasons I love Pinterest:
- 1: I love to be able to collect inspiration for miscellaneous projects all in one place and be able to visually see all the items together and
- 2. I love this program, over Evernote, to collaborate on projects with others (example, a wedding invitation design). Evernote was not easy to share with others. I would send brides and clients my ideas through there but navigating it online was overwhelming. Pinterest=easy.
Here are a few of my favorite boards that I have created… click the image to go to the board itself to get a closer look at the pins.
Photography: She & He
Wedding Stationery: Invitations and Save the Dates
And here are a few of my favorite “Pinteresting” users I follow:
- Seamless Creative from Design Work Life
- Nole from Oh So Beautiful Paper
- Megan Cummins from Vintage Me Oh My
- Ez Pudewa from Creature Comforts
- Whitney Svoboda
- Rachel Shingleton
- Ashley Rose
- Amy Gorrek
- Vania Morris from Simply Bloom Photography
- Summer Watkins from Grey Likes Weddings
If you have a Pinterest account, please leave a comment below so I can follow you! And if you’d like to have an account, leave a comment (include your email in the form) and I can email you an invite so you can bypass the waiting list. Have fun pinning!